Tuesday, April 28, 2015

w&w: Big and Bold, Baby. Big and Bold.


     
It's the beginning of a Winnie & Walter release party! We're here all week to wow you with amazing stamp sets and cutaways!
  

Knowing not to mess with a good thing, there are TWO new Big Bold word series being released this time. One is The Big, The Bold and Friends including one of my favorite large words ("hugs"), and the other is a much needed set for me, The Big, the Bold and Comfort. I like that it's not called "Sympathy" because more often than not I'm sending a card because someone is sick or dealing with a serious health issue. I really didn't have anything like this set in my collection.


This one layers up some of the Big Bold Comfort words for a sympathy card. The vase is colored with copics and will appear with the floral element in a set debuted tomorrow. When making the card I initially stopped after stamping the words and the vase/flower. Even though I love white space, it just didn't seem finished to me. So I turned to stencils. The triangles from Scenery: Triangled Creative Screenings are a great space filler. I chose a similar color to the stamped word and flower. Especially since it's a sympathy card, I like to keep the number of different colors and elements on the low side. 
  
This card is slightly different from the first one posted. It's got a black base and the flower faces toward the center of the card. The supplies are out, might as well go for a second card!

 
And old stand-by, using script words for a stem never grows old for me. Sometimes that's just all you need! Especially if it's a more solemn card.

   
The pieces of the gorgeous rose cutaway (featured later this week) are colored flat with copics. So easy! The card base is a glimmery silver so it gives a subtle shine.

I'll see you again tomorrow with more w&w goodies. They include a set designed by one of the design team members! I can't wait to show you! Don't forget to join the Big Giveaway happening until May 1st, and additional giveaways on each of the daily Winnie & Walter blog posts. There's a big party going on over there : )

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly


19 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Kelly! Love both versions very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So peaceful! I was actually looking for your pink and gray beauty, wowzers, your coloring on that rose is fantastic. And you know I'm all about stemming blooms with words ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dreamy background perfect for a condolence card and OMG that beautiful die cut rose with the shading you added is amazing! Love how you turned the sentiment into a stem.. so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful! I especially love the red rose against the gray with the sentiment stem, WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards. I love the big bold series and I'm loving this edition, and those rose is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly, your cards are great, I especially like how you did the second one using the "prayers" for the stem of the rose. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the subtle background on the first card, and the boldness of the second. This is a set I need.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two wonderful designs Kelly - love the shadowy-ness of the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards! I love the sentiments and of course the fonts in these sets are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards! I love the sentiments and of course the fonts in these sets are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous inspiration, Kelly ... the softness of the background with that soft vase and rose is just lovely ... such a sense of calm ... and the single prayer-stemmed rose ... wow ... such awesome colouring and so beautiful! See you shortly! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love your cards! Especially the Rose with Prayers for the stem!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The combination of colors is amazing! Sentiment die looks like a stalk of rose. Great idea.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  14. The combination of colors is amazing! Sentiment die looks like a stalk of rose. Great idea.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love them both Kelly!! The second is super creative and so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly